SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Friday, December 24, 2010

Yes, Your Highness

Aunt Susie is spending Christmas with us this year. Not just Christmas, but eleven full days and nights. Yesterday (day 5) she had this to say:

Umm, Cindy, at my group home they give me my coffee first thing in the morning. I would appreciate it if you would to the same.

4 comments:

Marcia Wilwerding said...

Hm. Sounds like something a little someone we pick up from her group home on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights would say.

Our Judy can be very demanding. If we pick her up in the older car instead of the newer van, she always says, "Where's the van?"

"At home in the garage."

"What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing. Don't like our car, Judy?"

(In a dejected tone) "It's okay."

Gotta love 'em. :)

kristi noser said...

get on that willya?

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of what we used to say when the kidss weren't ready to leave Kids' Club afterschool care... "it's good that they are getting such 'tender loving care' EVERYWHERE. "

By the way, if I ever spend the night, I like a nice cold Diet Coke first thing... and I would appreciate it...
Love it...
Lynn

Keithslady said...

It was a week and half of being reminded daily...hourly...that God has called me to be a servant. He washed the feet of others and I am not greater than He. A cup of coffee it was, I just had to struggle mightily to get the attitude to go with the action!