SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Milestone......Gabe Style

As Gabe's speech and communication improves I'm trying to get him to ask for food and beverages by name. He's doing pretty well with the several beverages he drinks but he asks for all foods with "eat" and "num".

We had rice with stir-fried vegetables and chicken the other night and I was identifying the foods as I gave them to him, "Here's some rice", "Want some chicken?", "Have a carrot."

Imagine my surprise when he actually requested more chicken by bellering out a loud,
"Bawk, Bawk!"

1 comment:

Keelie said...

Hey, that shows intelligence!!!:) I'm impressed!