SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mental Block

I made Banana Poppyseed Bread this morning. For some reason, with this recipe I have a major mental block. 75% of the time it comes out as plain Banana Bread and I have to put away the unused poppyseeds sitting on the counter for another day.

This morning I had my bread in the oven and was cleaning up the counter when I saw it, the bowl of bananas! It was early enough to fix--dump, stir, fill new pan, back in oven, whew. It reminded me of the time I made Caramel Apple Cake without the apples. You'd just assume that the name would be the memory trigger for such things.

No comments: