SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rules are Rules

We had BLTs for supper tonight and Owen tried to sneak one past his Pa by violating Rule #38. After finishing a desired number of sandwiches he took a lone piece of bacon. Taking food that is designed to be partnered is strictly forbidden and Owen knew it. He sat looking forlornly at the solitary bacon on his plate, knowing that, as full as he was, he couldn't violate Rule #25 either--"you touch it, you eat it."

Suddenly, an idea dawned on him, "Hey Dad, can I eat the bacon with a pickle?" His ingenuity won the day, and Dad was left laughing. However, that still didn't solve the problem of what to do with a leftover LT.

No comments: