SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nose Wrinkling Memories

I was reminded of a particularly bad memory today as I read Carla's post, "Nastay".

When Chet was about 18 months old we were in our church basement for a fellowship dinner. As toddlers are prone to do and talkative mothers are prone not to notice, Chet wandered away from me. I went looking for him, and found him walking out of the men's restroom......

......sucking on.......

.....the urinal deodorizer!!

I still start to gag and want to go wash his mouth out just thinking about it!

7 comments:

Lynn from MI said...

You have me beat! I looked back into the back seat several times during the winter Abby was just about 2, to find her sucking on road sald that had been stuck in the tread of her shoes or boot. I took to taking her shoes off when I got her in the car seat. But that has Abby beat by a mile!

And look how big and strong he is despite your "over sight".

Birdie said...

Ewww! Didn't the giraffe do that in Madagascar?
When my bubby was about 7 months old I came in to find him with poop all over himself and in his mouth and all over everything around him. I felt like such a bad mom. I haven't seen anything more disgusting.

kristi noser said...

you so win--or Chet does...

Kara Jo said...

Making gagging noises myself. OK, that takes the cake. Pun intended.

kristi noser said...

LOL Kara Jo! That was funny!

Keelie said...

Thanks moms - just can't wait to have such stories to tell (hear the dripping sarcasm)!

Carla said...

BLAH!!! Nastay.