SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Distracted

I called my husband at 3:30 to make our evening plans.

I asked him what he was doing. He said, he was up to his eyeballs (well, he didn't really say "up to my eyeballs" but I'm sure he meant to) putting together a quote for an order. I won't say how much it was, because that just isn't done--nor should it be--but it was a pretty significant deal, certainly enough to cause him to be a little distracted.

I asked if he planned to come home or just head straight to the ballfield to coach Bryce's team at 5:30.

He was planning to head straight to the field.

I told him that Lisa was sick, Shane and Owen had to be at their baseball games by 4:45, and Bryce at his at 5:30. I said I would leave Bryce home with Lisa while I took the others and if he could manage it he could come home for Bryce before the game.

"That's great," he said, "you can bring all three boys to the field at 4:45 and I'll meet you there."

I told him that Lisa was sick so I needed Bryce to stay home with her....

He got it. I took the boys to their destinations and returned.

The phone rang at 5:10. "I'm leaving the office. Do you want me to get Bryce?"

I told him that Lisa was sick so that would be great.

He came home, picked Bryce up, and asked me to grab his jacket for him.

They left and 15 minutes later he called me. "You grabbed the jacket with the broken zipper. Can you bring my other one with you when you come?"

I told him Lisa was sick and I wasn't coming.

Maybe I should have just told him in the first place that Lisa was sick.

2 comments:

Looking Up said...

If I don't write everything down on a "post it" note for my husband, he will not remember ANYTHING that I have told him. I truly believe that it is biological. Men's brains are programmed to ignore their wives' voices. Thank Goodness I've stocked up on post it's. :)

Keelie said...

Yep, I agree with the previous comment! My husband hears nothing I say! Good thing I love him!:)