SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Class of 2028

It's funny to think now that Granddad and Nana's 2010 Club will one day (Lord willing) be a graduating class. A few weeks ago we finally had all four of them together in one place, awake, and fed to take a group photo. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to take another before graduation.
Carson--mischievous, active, giggly, and sometimes tempermental; but able to steal any heart with those eyes! Carson gets/has to be the kingpin anchoring both sides of his families as the oldest grandchild.



Keira--Keira comes with an adjective, she's "sweet". Just sweet, sweet, sweet. Although she sure looks like her mommy, Jamie tells stories of her own childhood that don't quite exemplify 'sweet'. Maybe she only heard the 'fun' stories we moms like to tell, or maybe Keira will have her day!



Vince--so much like his daddy it's scary. Holding him, feeding him, interacting with him is all dejavu. He's already a thinker, studier, and planner. Like Carson, he knows how to work those eyes!



Missa Karissa--the "baby" of the bunch. Happy, sweet, and charming. She is the first of all of our children and grandchildren to look somewhat like my baby pictures.

4 comments:

Joey said...

I love your descriptions of each of the kids. They each give a great picture of the kids' personalities!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing
Coley

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was an adorable post! Thanks for the descriptions, now I have to teach Vince how to be better than my flaws so he doesn't grow up completely in my shadow:).

Keith

Chet said...

Hard to get out of that shadow big dog. I was in Senior Design the other day and they put up an example of what our project should look like... Yep, it was yours...