SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Friday, January 7, 2011

Nostalgia

You know those memories and things that stick in your mind you have from years ago and you don't know how they got there? (I realize that's not even a real sentence but I'm leaving it.) Well, I've had a favorite "catchy-tune-childhood-song" that's been running through my mind on and off now for...ever it seems. I decided to run a quick search and see if I could find it.

I did. Richard Dreyfuss singing "Hey Little Goldfish" from the 1969 film "Hello Down There". I must have been about 10 when I saw it as a Saturday movie on TV with my best friend Linda. We sang the chorus over and over until our families couldn't stand it! (I now can sympathize with the families!)

I enjoyed the musical memory, but at this stage in life what was just as entertaining was Tony Randall's (the dad's) comment to Janet Leigh (the mom)!

4 comments:

Joey said...

Don't you love YouTube? :)

I agree, the husband/wife interaction was awesome!

kristi noser said...

I have never heard of that movie. Might have to look it up...

Keelie said...

I'm still laughing over the mom/dad comment!:)

Keelie said...

You started something Aunt Cindy! We just had to watch it again 'cause Caedmon asked for the "fish song." I have a feeling we're going to be seeing this video a lot now.:)