SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reality Check...

...comes for me in the form of a conversation with my boys this morning.

Owen: I don't think I'll ever see you wearing shorts and a t-shirt in the winter (that's all this boy lives in).

Owen (afterthought): Or even in the summer!

Me: I wore shorts once (remembering the time last summer that I totally embarrassed the boys by coming into the library to get them after my pt appointment wearing shorts).

Owen: Oh yeah! It's OK, please don't wear shorts!!

Me: But, I do wear t-shirts in the summer.

Bryce: That's 'cause your arms are so comfortable. People just want to sleep on them.
If I hadn't truly absorbed the fact that I'm a grandmother before it's really hit home now!

1 comment:

Becca said...

LOL! Kids really come out with some hilarious stuff sometimes. I love how innocent and unintentional it all is. :-)