SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Friday, April 1, 2011

I Eat My Words

My boys were dreaming out loud. They were painting a mental image of their idea of a perfect living room. It had an entire wall devoted to media and electronics. I went along with it, tongue in cheek. "Sounds good, in fact, we could just do it now. Get a flat screen TV and mount it on the fireplace, front and center." They shared my suggestion with their father.



I am so outnumbered.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

For this post, I think you need a "laugh out loud" button, similar to Facebook's "like" button. :0)

Asil said...

Oops, used my daughter's google account, this is actually Lisa from Black Earth!

Anonymous said...

New flat screena and all? or is it just relocated to "front and center?"

You are out numbered, my friend.LOL
Lynn

Keelie said...

Well, I guess you can enjoy the fireplace now while you're watching TV.:)

Anonymous said...

Was this an "April Fools" joke?

Your Sister Kari said...

I have probably seen you and your family watch TV in your house maybe twice. But hey, for those few times a year, this will be fabulous! :)

Keithslady said...

This really was NOT an April Fool's joke, I hadn't realized what day it was when I posted.

And yes, it's a new TV. The old one (a 10+ year old hand-me-down)was going out--Gabe was adorable hitting the screen to get the picture up, though.

kristi noser said...

I cannot believe how much your house is decorated like mine. Scary, actually.
Tell Keith you need surroundfireplace sound.

Keithslady said...

Keith was all over that, surroundfireplace sound it is.

My daughter came by for lunch today, saw the TV, and asked, "Why haven't you moved it yet?"

Believe it people, this is not a joke. This is real life, man-syle. I believe it's payback for spending 7 years with pink walls and hummingbird wall trim in the living room. I don't even like pink but when my peach came out wrong I couldn't resist leaving it and asserting my femininity. They were welcome to repaint at any time.