SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Young Truth

Recently, Lisa's brothers would not let her play with them and she wailed to me:
"Nobody likes me!"
Considering the immediate circumstance with her brothers I countered with:
"I'm sure your friends like you."
Unconvinced she explained:
"That's because they don't really know me."
So I asked:
"If they really knew you what would they think of you?"
Meekly and soberly, she replied:
"They'd think I was a brat."

Unknowingly, Lisa is wise beyond her years. It took me 10 years longer than her to realize that I, too, was a brat. I thank God for His subtle way of opening our eyes to who we really are and giving us hope in Christ for a changed heart.

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, who can know it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember you as a brat....

hugs
Lynn

Keithslady said...

Aww, thanks Lynn. Maybe "brat" wasn't the best word for me, but I needed to see through some inner blinders at who I really was.