SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Sunday, April 24, 2011

What would you say?

Let's say a mother and father and four of their children go away for a week and leave 2 teenagers, ages, oh...let's say...18 and 16, at home alone.

Let's say the mother makes a batch of cornbread for the last family-together meal and then leaves before the meal is finished (because she is driving a separate vehicle and making additional stops on the way).

Let's say half of the family returns with the father a day before the mother returns.

Let's say the mother finally returns and finds the afore-mentioned cornbread pan (now empty) and the dirty mixing bowl still sitting on the counter.

That said, would it be considered appropriate for the mother to, in kind, now make a point by letting the dirty laundry sit for a week?

5 comments:

Becca said...

Hahaha, not sure how to answer that one...LOL Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

I would say "Yes", or perhaps only serve corn bread next week.

Love ya
Lynn

Rachel said...

haha! Wow..... Yep, that's pretty much it: Wow!

kristi noser said...

They're lucky they have you. I'da let a lot more than that sit for a week.
I have to give snaps to Lynn. Excellent idea.

kristi noser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.