SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October is "Down Syndrome Awareness Month"

I was never aware of this. But that's typical, when we're involved in something we are aware of everything that touches us concerning that thing. Because of Gabe, I am very aware of things that have to do with Down syndrome. I have not made this blog be "about" any one thing. It's meant for my family and friends to keep up with me and mine. It's about Gabe and Lisa, and the boys, and the teens, and homeschooling, and football, and Down syndrome, and whatever else happens along the way.

But this month I want to try to focus a little bit on things that are specifically related to Down syndrome, to share and educate. We'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And don't forget it's breast cancer awareness month too! :) www.BreastCancerRide.org (I am putting my prayers up to God that you'll be there next summer!) :) I LOVE YOU AND YOURS! Kari