SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Perfect Place

Every so often a news story comes out with the title "America's Best Place to Raise Kids" or something like that.

I wonder how many people are scrambling to sell their homes and find jobs in the new celestial city of the year? I hope there are none. At least not for that reason.

The thing is, it's not where you raise your kids that really matters, it's how you raise them. If you teach them, by word and example, the Biblical principals of faithfulness, truth, goodness, kindness, love, gentleness, self control, patience, trust, peace, and obedience day in and day out, your actual physical location will mean very little.

So, when I really consider an answer to the question I'm not ready to put up a "For Sale" sign just yet. After living in five homes in four locations in three states I've found that the best place to raise kids is at home.

1 comment:

Marcia Wilwerding said...

Here, here! *whisle through teeth* Amen and amen!