SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Praying for Miss Beautiful

Last year our family experienced great joy as we were blessed with four grandchildren, the beginning of a new generation. They are loved, adored, and treasured.

Last year we also experienced sorrow as we mourned two grandchildren who did not live long enough to be held or breathe their first breath.

Yesterday we learned that another grandchild, due in July, is not expected to survive. Joey and Jamie just celebrated their twins' first birthday and they are now thrown into a chaos of grief and turmoil and disbelief and sadness.

There are more questions than answers but what we do know can be found in Joey's blog post this morning, I Love You, Thadwick.

Please join me in encompassing them in prayer.

5 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this!! I just read their blog post, and am so hoping the diagnosis is incorrect. Thinking of you and your family...

Marcia Wilwerding said...

Praying and grieving with you all. ~ The Wilwerdings

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy, I am so sorry that you and your family have to experience this. I went straight to Joey's blog from your FB post. I am in tears for you all, and praying for you all, as well. They say it's easier being a grandma, but I don't think so, having to watch your kids hurting about you grandchildren. Hard to fathom.

Anonymous said...

the above was Lynn
with Love

Joey said...

Thanks Mom, the more prayers the better. We love this child very much regardless of the short life in front of it. I love you!