SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Preschool Percussion

FYI--If you hear your preschool son making an innocent tapping noise, check it out.

What you do not want to find is the preschooler straddling a dining room chair and tapping an inverted, full bottle of maple syrup into his lap.

The bad news--I had a full 12-ounce puddle dripping from shirt to pants to socks to chair to floor to clean up.

The good news--the work we've been putting into music training is paying off; the tapping was done in a nice, steady, rhythmical beat.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh wow! I hate just cleaning it up off the table, I can't even imagine what 12oz of it all over the place must have been like. Glad he's got good rhythm. ;)

Anna Misner said...

I love how you always notice the positive side in every situation, even when it could be hard to find. It is very inspiring!