SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lesson Learned

While I was putting Gabe down for his nap Owen(8) came to me to report a problem between he and Bryce(10). It seems Bryce was "doing something" to Owen, Owen was asking him to stop, Bryce didn't stop, and Owen hit him. Numerous rule and behavior infractions. "Both of you wait for me in your room."

Ten minutes later I entered the room where the two inmates were playing and laughing together. I questioned them, "So you two have a problem?" Bryce replied, "Not any more." While it was obvious that they had worked it out (or just gotten over it) I had to do the Mom thing and get a lesson in somewhere.

So, I asked, "What can you do next time to avoid the problem?"

Bryce answered, "Not fake whiplash Owen."

Looking for, "stop when someone asks me to stop", I pressed for more and asked, "What else?"

Bryce thought a minute and concluded, "Uhh....not tell you."

7 comments:

Joey said...

Nice! I'm laughing (so is Jamie). You have a blog! :)

Monday Came said...

I'm so glad my sister has a blog! So fun! I love you! Kari

Carla said...

Yay!!! You did it!! Welcome to blogland, keithslady!!

kristi noser said...

That was always my tack--don't tell.
Welcome! Our long wait is over.

Asil said...

Hey Cindy!

Greetings from Southern WI! Long story how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did! I'll check in often. Enjoy your day!

Lisa from snowy Black Earth

Keithslady said...

Hi Lisa! Good to hear from you. I'm just learning how to use this....slowly.

MaryLu said...

They got it figured out!
Good job boys!