SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Successful Surgery

Gabe was taken from us this morning at 8:05 AM and the surgeon came to us with the "all done" report at 1:20 PM. The repair was a success and things went as smoothly and well as they could have gone. We should get to see Mr. Gabe any minute and will be able to go to his room in the ICU in an hour or so.

I have more updates, information, and photos that I will try to put up here during the free hours over the next 4-7 days (the expected length of Gabe's hospital stay).

Thank you for your many prayers. We are thanking and praising God for this goodness.

PS We just saw Gabe as he was being wheeled to the ICU. He looked so good! They said he woke right up and was too energetic and had to be sedated. That's our Gabe!

5 comments:

Julie said...

God is good. I have been praying for him.

Marcia Wilwerding said...

Thanks be to God for answered prayers! We will continue to hold up Mr. Gabe in prayer and hope to see him soon.

Anonymous said...

God is good. My friends, family and I have been praying for him all day.

Love to you
Lynn

kristi noser said...

Excellent news! I am so thankful for your faithfulness in letting us know the outcome. It is so comforting to know that the surgery was a success (thank you for the title--right away I breathed a sigh of relief)and that you all are held in God's hands. Thanks and praise be to you Father!

Keithslady said...

Thank you all for your prayers and support. It brings tears to my eyes! I love God's gift of friends.