SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Friday, August 28, 2009

Wedding Pictures

I am keeping my promise to put up some wedding pictures before I do anything else on here. However, so as not to keep you in suspense, I will let you know that Gabe is home!

I chose to leave the camera alone during the wedding ceremony and I will rely on our friend/photographer Bob Mainhardt to come through with his typically wonderful picture memories for us.

I did capture some scenes from before and after the wedding and will fill you in on the middle when Bob's disk becomes available.

These are from Ellen's last day at home. Everything was ready here--the dresses were sewn; the bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres made; and the girls rested. Me? Rested? Absolutely not.

Believe it or not, this exquisite dress was second hand, given to Ellen by a friend in Guyana.




We decorated the churches (wedding at one, reception at another) with lots of help from her bridesmaids while aunts Kelly (with cousin Kent) and Pat prepared salad and punch.




The wedding rehearsal went like all rehearsals, time spent practicing to get it right the next day. Ellen and Daniel introduced their family members and attendants and Aunt Kari took over trying to get everyone into the right place at the right time.


With Keith in Milwaukee with Gabe, Uncle Tom filled in as the father of the bride. I know that some rehearsing is necessary, but Keith's part on the day of the wedding was completely genuine. His first glimpse, in four days, of his little girl was just ten minutes before he gave her away, dressed to perfection for her wedding day. It was a special moment for both of them and the intense emotion of joy and seeing the fulfillment of years of prayer was evident on his face as they came up the aisle.



And here is an example of WHY you have the rehearsal. Josiah (aka "little Daniel") was a perfect junior groomsman during the ceremony. He just had to get this out of his system.


Chris Kleven, Ellen's mother-in-law, made the cakes. Not only were they beautiful, but she made three different kinds and they were all delicious.


Sometimes the unsuspecting shots are my favorite!


Twenty-nine years ago as fellow exchange students in England we were known as Big Cindy and Little Lynn. We've visited back and forth, attended one another's weddings, and taken an educational trip with Joey, Keith, and Dana to see the Laura Ingalls Wilder sites. I guess it's really true. As you get older you see your loved ones at weddings and funerals. Between the two of us we could have another eleven weddings to attend. I hope we're together at a few of them.



I'm too tired to wait for any more downloads, so I'm going to finish off with a picture of Ellen and Daniel at the reception. Any other pictures I have will be completely outdone by Bob, and it will be worth the wait to see those when they're available.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled to be there, it had been a long time since I'd seen your family. What a wonderful one you have. I hope we do a few more of your weddings before I have one!
Love ya,
"Little" Lynn

Keelie said...

Gorgeous...everything!!! And that wedding dress...wow!!!! Can't wait for more! Hope you're resting a little now!:) Love you!