SAL-VA-TION: by grace

E-LEV-EN: children from 1984 to 2006

HOME-SCHOOL-ING: since 1990

DOWN-SYN-DROME: susie and gabe

GRAND-CHILD-REN: since 2010

FAITH-FUL-NESS: my steadfast rock, my biggest supporter, my leader, my friend, my love, my husband

Saturday, January 24, 2009

How Old?

I walked up to a forty-something cashier at the grocery store last night while she was talking on her cell phone. I could tell she was annoyed and hurried to cut the call short with an aggravated, "Not now, I'm working."

After hanging up she shook her head and said to me, "You'd think my son would know better. I'm at work....working.....and he calls to ask me to go over to Radio Shack and buy him batteries!"

I tried to empathize, "Sometimes kids just don't think, do they."

She looked at me with even deeper consternation, "My son is TWENTY-FOUR!"

1 comment:

Keelie said...

Now THAT'S a mother who's done everything for her children their whole life! Sounds like something my brothers would do!:/